Rehau: North American Headquarters Landscape Master Plan
Rehau’s North American headquarters was built as the first part of a 50-year masterplan on a rolling 80-acre site, which shares its landscape with the historic Fort Evans. Built as an earthen confederate fort in 1861, the fort was instrumental in the successful confederate campaign The Battle of Ball’s Bluff.
The landscape masterplan incorporates the historic remains of the Fort by encircling the buildings around it, while leaving the entire area preserved. The approach to the landscape included a vast reforestation program and the establishment of native grass meadows. Parking is folded into the hillside to minimize its visual impact.